Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tech-itty Tech Tech

I’ve neglected writing for far too long, but it’s been all for good reasons. Rehearsing one show all day, doing a completely different show at night, packing in the yoga classes, and occasionally working in a restaurant all mean there is very little time for blogging.

I’m on a break from tech for ROMEO & HAMLET, which opens tomorrow. Well, we begin previews tomorrow night, but as there’s only one preview, we might as well be opening tomorrow. I love these theatres with wifi! There are three of us who’ve been lugging our computers to the theatre, maximizing work time. Anyway, it’s been quite a ride, throwing this show together in so little time, but now we’re in the theatre, and in costume, stumbling through. Woo!

The cast is absolutely lovely, and really funny. The guy playing Rosencrantz (Phillip Taratula) is absolutely hilarious every single moment he’s on stage. Seriously. I have not had this much trouble holding it together on stage in years. Nothing like sitting centerstage, wallowing in grief, and nearly choking, you’re trying so hard not to break, while the “dead” bodies on either side of you are shaking with suppressed laughter. I am so blessed in my life to know so many talented, funny people.

Speaking of funny people, I went to an improv show my brother did with his indie team SWOON on Friday, which was delightful and a lot of fun. I brought my darling friend Nikka along. By the way, I check her blog out pretty much daily, and you should as well. She is a swanky fashionista!

I’m going to get some reading done and maybe take a quick nap before we’re back for our evening run. I suppose I have many, many more things to talk about, but bless me, I can’t remember a one! The joys of tech – your mind melts into a puddle of uselessness. Ha. Sadly, that’s not too exaggerated at times. Luckily, we get out early tonight (8pm). This tech is only an 8 out of 10, not a 10 out of 12 (meaning, we’re only called for eight hours out of a ten hour time block, as opposed to the usual tech schedule of being called for ten out of a twelve hour block). It’s amazing how much difference those two hours make. Freeeeeeeedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment