Friday, August 20, 2010

Beatniks and Zombie Ninjas

Stumbled across this quote from Kerouac's ON THE ROAD earlier this evening. Forgot how much I loved it...

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars, and in the middle, you see the blue center-
light pop, and everybody goes ahh ..."

On a completely different note, I also watched the video for "Total Eclipse of the Heart" for the first time this evening. What. Is. That. All. About. And people think Gaga is strange! I've been hearing that song for years, with absolutely NO idea what I'd been missing! Thank you, YouTube, for changing my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment