Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Have Talented Friends

There are new production photos in my website gallery - shots of AS BEES IN HONEY DROWN, INTO THE WOODS, and BOEING BOEING! Go check them out!

I have a lot of work I've been putting off doing this evening (hey, I worked all day, so I find it hard to come home and not zone out for at least a little bit before kicking the brain back into action), mainly for the Larry Moss workshop I'm taking week after next. I'm working on REASONS TO BE PRETTY with my dear friend Denis. I really liked the play when I saw it on Broadway, but I'm finding it more difficult than I would like, as is ALWAYS the way with Larry! You get hired to do the things you already know how to do really well (absurd German accents are a bit of a specialty of mine), and then take classes to work out the kinks elsewhere in your craft. Hence a contemporary play that is not language-based or poetic. Nothing for me to hide behind, urg! Interesting, because certain dialects or heavily wordy plays would really freak out other actors, and it'd be something they'd have to struggle to get through. Nope. Hand me a tureen of George Bernard Shaw Word Stew any day of the week!

I have decided to add an official special feature to my blog on occasion (oooh, special feature, mumble, mumble, general excitement, ahhh!), with no clear idea of how often I'll employ it. I'm calling it "Pimp Your Friends." That's right. I have awesome friends, who are talented and ridiculous in so many ways that it is freaking crazy, and MORE people should know about them and their awesomeness. I've already pimped a few, and here is my glorious pick for this post...

Kerry Cox is a painter and artist who lives in Queens, works in Manhattan, and paints in Brooklyn. She is one of the coolest cats on the planet. She and I met selling eyeglasses together for SEE Eyewear, and I love her and her work. Check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment