Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Last of the Three Show Days

I have eaten waaaaay too much fudge in the past couple of days. WAAAAAY too much.

Just had the last three show day of THE GREAT RECESSION, the show I'm doing downtown at The Flea (www.theflea.org). While we're used to them now, it is a bit of a relief to know we're only going to have one and two show days until we close. 3pm/7pm/10pm show schedule is rigorous, and we're all feeling it. Those guys that did COAST OF UTOPIA or THE NORMAN CONQUESTS marathons must've been monsters by the time they were done! What stamina! I mean, our shows are pretty short, but three understudies were on today! One of the girls twisted an ankle during the last show, and as she usually is jogging and exercising until she collapses and dies(I think it's safe to say with confidence that it's a dark piece), so one of the other ladies in the cast had to go on for her in that role. Ahh, the joys of live theatre!

Right-o. Must be off to bed. Brunch with the parents and lil' bro in the morning, then off to a matinee, then off to my day job to make some cash for Ye Olde Bank Account. I work at a restaurant across the street from Radio City Music Hall. I can't wait till the Rockettes stop dancing. Four to six shows a day? Really? That's a lot of hungry tourists. With strollers. After the holidays, all will be a piece of cake!

I think I'll have sausage tomorrow at brunch,
Lady Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment