Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back in the 'Do

I'm in Breckenridge with my mom for the week (the 'Do in the title of this post referring to the abbreviation for Colorado that my brother and I used with our group of friends in high school), just relaxing and enjoying the gorgeous weather. Here are some photos from the back porch/deck that I took this morning!







I also must share that I bought a sensational new hat today.

I have an audition tomorrow out here (I know, no rest for the weary, eh?), so I should get to sleep. I wanted to post those glorious photos, and to say that I've been getting my ROCKY contract and rehearsal info (we start in the city on Oct 4th, and relocate to Jersey the 11th), and I CANNOT WAIT TO START!!! I bought the album on iTunes to prep for the callback (I used to have it, but due to the deaths of several iPods and computers, was sadly lacking it), and have not been able to stop listening to it since. It's going to be so much fun to saaaaaaaaang!

Also, I just checked out the cast album of THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM from Lincoln Center Library and loaded it into my iTunes, as I often like to do with shows I don't really know (plus, I knew Larry Moss was in the original cast, and wanted to hear him)...It is AMAZING! All folk and bluegrass, fiddles and banjos. The show isn't done too frequently, which seems a shame, considering how lush the music is. I shall be doing more research upon my return to the city. I already found a couple of songs that I'm interested in recording or putting in my book. I was talking about it with my mom today, and realized that it makes sense I like that style of music, as generations of my family come from Kentucky and Tennessee, and many were fiddlers. Apparently, my great uncle Tom is a incredible fiddler, and someone else a little further back played the banjo. I love it! Time to perfect my folksy twang...

Oh, quickly, let's pimp a friend, shall we? I worked with an electrician at Twin Tiers this summer named David Kerr, who takes fantastic photos. He has a beautiful photoblog that I recommend everyone take a look at. He and a few friends have been chronicling their year with, essentially, a photo a day. Some really stunning work.

No comments:

Post a Comment