Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Trouble with Contini

It's been a lovely week for The Jackson here - my friend Daniela and her boyfriend Tobias have been visiting me from Germany (she and I met when I first moved to the city, and she was here doing an internship to complete her Masters Degree. We were both hired at Starbucks on the same day, over five years ago now), I've been catching up with loads of friends, AND I got a job offer! I've been cast as Stephanie Necrophorous in NINE at Speakeasy Stage in Boston! Hoorah! The show is in January and February, which is, of course, a HORRIFYING time to be in Boston, as I remember all too well from four winters there during college. For the ART, though, for the ART, darlings! It was a goal of mine for this year to book something in Boston, as I do love the town so. The BCA, where we'll be working, is GORGEOUS. GA-GA-GORGEOUS. One has to love a newly renovated facility. I still have to talk to the company manager and do contract stuff, but I wanted to share! Hooray! Stephanie is the critic who sings the patter section in FOLIES BERGERES ("The trouble with Contini, he's the king of mediocrity," etc), and was played by Kate Hudson in the movie (which I did not see). The great thing about NINE is that, with so many female roles, there's the possibility of doing the show around six times, and playing a different one in each production! I really am dying to play Seraghina, the prostitute who sings "Be Italian." One day, one day! In the meanwhile, I'm thrilled to have a project to look forward to! I have several auditions coming up in the next few weeks as well, so I'm keeping busy with all of that.

Speaking of which, I have an audition for THE 39 STEPS soon, and am coaching a student on all of the woman's accents this week (English, Scottish, and either German or Russian, depending on the version of the script used), so I'd best go and give it a read! I've seen it twice, but need to get all my ducks in a row and prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment