Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!




Oh, la la, it was my birthday today! I had my first rehearsal for The Baker's Wife in INTO THE WOODS this morning (ironically, Joanna Gleason, who won the Tony for this role, shares a birthday with lil' ol' ME), then hung out with my brother and Michael for the rest of the day! I went down to their restaurant near the Seaport, and we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and back again! Believe it or not, it was my first time walking across said bridge! Immediately after that, we hopped on the Z train - another first for me. Five years in New York, and nary a Z train have I taken! This is a woman who has taken the G train multiple times! Anywhoo, we went to Babycakes so that I could have something delicious and yet free of refined sugar (which I choose not to eat, for the most part), and took some delightful photos while on the Lower East Side. We then came back to my apartment, had tasty dinner (compliments of Mikey), and watched NOTES ON A SCANDAL - my first foray into that film as well! Huzzah! What a splendid birthday! Below, please see some silly photos:







I'm so behind. My birthday party this weekend - Crocus Pocus: the magic of Spring - was a delight! As ever, a marvelous group of marvelous people. Hoorah for a Lady Jo soiree! In addition to mere frivolity, I did two readings last week that I'm simply dying to discuss (short version - one took place on the second floor of the Random House bldg, which is GORGEOUS, and akin to stepping into heaven for those of us that have problems with buying way too many books. The second one was at The Flea - a new play by AR Gurney, who was there working on it with Jim and all of us Bats the entire day), but it's LATE, and I must to bed! Gotta put on the commentary to NOTES ON A SCANDAL (I am a sucker for a commentary track) and drift off into sweet slumber.

By the way, I'm not being coy, I just didn't think to mention it - I am now twenty-seven!

No comments:

Post a Comment