Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dreaming of the Emerald Isle

Chilly night + Old-fashioned hot water bottle = Bliss!

When I went to Ireland a couple of years ago, I stayed in this great hostel on Inis Mor (one of the islands off the coast of Galway). It was chilly in late September, so they had a bunch of hot water bottles for us to use if we wanted. I spent most of my evenings curled up in the lobby, reading mystery novels and looking out over the ocean, cuddling a "hottie" as my Kiwi friends called them. I just got one of my own this past month, and it brings back such glorious memories! The hostel I stayed in was called Manister House, incidentally, and I recommend it unreservedly. SUCH friendly staff, delicious breakfast, and a chance to really socialize with the other guests. I was going to stay two days, and got talked into staying five!

No comments:

Post a Comment