Monday, January 25, 2010

Words, words, words...

The Agee workshop finished yesterday, and we went through all the material we've been working on. Oh, it's such a cool piece. I still have all the music looping through my head - my life is being accompanied by the low hum of an upright bass! I think if I could choose one instrument to provide the soundtrack for my life, it might be a bass, though for exuberant occasions, a trumpet would do nicely.

I got the script for DASH DEXTER, the reading I'm doing at MTC next week, and I love it. So funny, so silly, so smart. And I have a great supporting role! I can't wait to get cracking on it! I'll be working with a few people I haven't met, and a few dear friends, which is a grand combination indeed!

And TONIGHT - I'm doing the masterclass with Sigourney Weaver! Woohooooooo! Full speed ahead to fun town! The people that Jim shortlisted all got together yesterday and worked through our pieces. So much fun. I know so many talented people! HA! At The Flea, we usually get to see one another do readings and plays and such, but not often pieces of our own choosing, so this was lovely. I always find it interesting to see what speeches people pick for themselves. It was great to get the opportunity to see everyone do something classical as well, since we're always doing world premieres of very contemporary plays down there.

Well, I must be getting on with my day! The weather I'm witnessing outside my window looks horrifying. I usually have a very clear view of New Jersey (I live waaaaaay West), but through the fog and rain, they're looming, gray shapes with no real definition. I think I'll keep the errand running to a minimum this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment