Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Year in Shows

Since I worked all of New Year's Day, this glorious January 2nd is my first official day off in AGES. Well, there was Christmas, which was wonderful, but this is a day all to ME! I had a dialect coaching session, finished my statement of purpose for my final grad school application, and am about to work on some monologues before taking a long, cold walk. I might go see a show tonight. Alone time. I've missed it. I also slept an obscene amount last night, so I'm finally feeling more myself!


So, goodbye GREAT RECESSION, and hello, Great Unknown!

Many actors often identify particular times of their lives with whatever project they were working on at the time. This time a year ago, I was KASPAR HAUSER. Ahh, yes, ten years ago I had just been cast as Fiona in BRIGADOON. When I was dating so-and-so, I was working on such-and-such. When I broke my foot, I was doing this program. In the spirit of that, I'm giving you an idea of what my life was like this year based on what I was working on. As you can see, there was a lot of time spent in TriBeCa and in rural Illinois.

2009: A Year in Shows:

KASPAR HAUSER - The Flea
Began rehearsals Dec 2nd, 2008
Ran Feb 12 - March 30th, 2009
CLEANSED - The Flea
Workshop that rehearsed May 18 - 21st, 2009, with the performance on the 21st
HENRY IV, PARTS 1&2 - Festival 56, IL
June 09- Aug 09
THE WIZARD OF OZ - Festival 56, IL
June 09 - July 09
THE LARAMIE PROJECT - Festival 56, IL
July 09
THE SOUND OF MUSIC - Festival 56, IL
July 09 - Aug 09
THE GREAT RECESSION - The Flea
Rehearsed early October 09
Ran Nov 20th - Dec 30th, 2009

Not bad! Throw in two recordings (one of them is my first Original Cast Recording!), a bunch of private dialect coaching, one gig as a production dialect coach, two workshops with Larry Moss, my first mention in the New York Times, and I call it a pretty great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment