Saturday, February 13, 2010

Colorado, My Hoooooome!

The title of this blog post is taken from THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN. Just f your i.

I'm sitting in a large, comfy chair in my dad's study in Breckenridge, watching the snow come down outside. This morning, I made an omelet, read MURDER IN MESOPOTAMIA (good ol' Hercule Poirot was in top form!), ate some peanut butter cookies, and watched some ski jumping on TV, as the Olympics truly began today. That stuff is NUTS! They are FLYING through the AIR! Ack!

I do love watching the Olympics. I become so unnecessarily invested in sports that I hitherto have had little to no knowledge of. The races are always more difficult for me to watch - oh, man, the swimming during the summer games nearly gives me heart attacks. It'll be just my luck that I'll end up with a bunch of kids who play incredibly competitive sports. What that'll do to my nerves, I dare not think about.

I loved watching the opening ceremonies. All that projector stuff...insaaaane. The whales crossing the stage, and the young guy who did all the flying stunts to Joni Mitchell...so beautiful. And I found the marching in of the athletes from all the different countries very moving. It made me miss many of my friends that are scattered all about the world. Russia. Poland. The Netherlands. Great Britain. Italy. Portugal. Denmark. France. Sweden. Germany. Ireland. New Zealand. I'm blessed to know so many different and wonderful people.

I'm here with my parents, my little bro Aaron, my uncle, and my cousins Josh and Jake. It is a GRAND time we are having! Basically, I'm sitting around being a slob, which is in direct contrast to the way I generally live my life. I love being around my family, and we're all having a good time being lazy bums. While I write this, the boys are all downstairs playing Wii. Jake introduced Aaron and I to ASSASSIN'S CREED II last night, and I hafta tell ya, I can see how people get sucked into this. I wasn't even playing, I was just watching it like a movie. Florence in 14somethingorother - yes, climb that building! Ooh, punch the guy!

Perhaps I'd better go do something slightly improving. Or at least pull out one of the New Yorker Magazines I brought with me to counteract the Agatha Christie I read this morning. Is it sad that I read the book already knowing who the killer was, as I own many installments of David Suchet's POIROT on DVD? Gonna go with noooooo...

I must fly. My parents have just returned from a trip to Wal-Mart (glamorous days here in Breck), where they acquired GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!! Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment