Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Wintry Mixer

Last night, cherubs, I had a soiree, which was - let's face it - simply THE social event of the season! Seriously, though, it was insane. My brother said he lost count at 65, so earlier today, I sat down and started making a list of all the people that I remembered being here...I'm up to a hundred and nine. Over a hundred people were in this very apartment last night. Sweet sassy molassy! I felt like the social queen of New York City!

I had so much fun, as did many other people, I believe! I knew just about everyone there, or was introduced to most of the ones I didn't know. There were a ton of BoCo kids, as well as Bats from The Flea (but from TWO shows, now, and both with big casts - KASPAR HAUSER as well as THE GREAT RECESSION), kids from Festival 56 (the stock company I spent the summer with), couchsurfers, and kiddos from my acting class. All in all, it was a divine gathering. So many amazing people all in one place. I was so happy.

I take great pride in naming my parties. Here have been the Lady Jo Soiree titles from the beginning:

A Festival of Classiness (my housewarming party)
Oscar Hauser (an Oscar party for the cast of Kaspar)
Kaspar They Love Be Fancy (fancy dress cast party, taken from a lyric)
There Will Be Cake (my bday party. yes. there was cake)
The Grand Autumnal Ball
The Wintry Mixer (it's a triple entendre!)

The next one will be something marvelous and spring-esque. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment