Monday, February 1, 2010

Fantabulous February

I promised myself that I'd be in bed by 11:30 tonight, and seeing as how it's 11:12, that means I have to make this SHORT and sa-weeeeet.

DASH DEXTER had its first music rehearsal earlier this evening, which was fun and delicious. My stuff is pretty easy musically, as most of the role is text-based. Can't wait! Rehearsal all day Wed/Thurs, with the reading Thursday night!

I got the first draft of my website in from my designer yesterday, and a mini-draft today. I'm so excited! It's getting so close! I also realized how fascinating it is that little tiny things can really affect how I feel about the site, and about how it conveys who I am. I've had some great back and forth with the designer, and I'm really excited to see how it all turns out. Shouldn't be much longer. I shall then be a highly snazzy individual, let me tell you.

Tomorrow night I'm singing at DON'T TELL MAMA'S, which, now that my cold seems to be letting go of my voice, should actually be fun! We'll see if I can belt all the way through both of these songs tomorrow afternoon. Regardless, it's abated enough that I won't be croaking, which, of course, is all to the good. For the curious, I'll be singing "Sweet Liberty" from JANE EYRE, and an old chestnut I haven't pulled out in public in nearly five years - "It's Oh So Quiet," as sung by Bjork. Very excited about it. I've missed it so!

Also, I'm going to Colorado on the 11th. I. Am. So. Excited. Gonna hang out with the fam, maybe SKI, definitely watch a lot of movies and do some serious frivolous reading (meaning, not plays...though, let's face it, I'll probably bring some plays with me anyway), all while holed up in a beautiful cabin in Breckenridge. Sometimes life is just gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment